Monday, April 18, 2005

Five years of lies!

Hello visitors!
I have been a professional audio engineer for 15 years. I have worked as a free lance contractor for many people and record labels.
Most pay invoices in reasonable time.
Sony Australia is a sad exception. Over the past five years I have never been paid on time by Sony Music. At the moment I am waiting on over $2000. My invoices are net 15 days. Printed clearly on the invoice. After many phone calls and emails, I was promissed by the accounts department, my invoice would be paid today. Nothing again. Numerous voicemail messages go un answered.
Email threats of extra charges, still nothing

Some perspective.
As I said, I work free lance. Why is it the smallest production company can pay me a months touring, in four days? And they had not been paid themselves yet. Some even the same day.

Some history.
I have been evicted from my home twice in the past five years beacause of this company's failure to pay on time.
Once I was owed $5000 for SIX MONTHS!

I lost my contract mobile phone account. (large bill from tour) I'm still paying it off!
My partner and I evicted.
And all the people I owe money think I am a Liar!

I love music and my work. I am also a musician. I have seen artists I work for demand cash owed before performing. And the performance was for Sony itself. A Sony Foundation dinner.
The drummer waited for the cash in the venue, while the rest of the band waited till it arived.
I think all six members were owed over $2000 each.

The cash did arive. Sound check was 2 hours behind Schedule.

I'll leave it there for now.
Please share your story. There are many!



2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate I know what you mean. I have been waiting on Soon Only Not Yet for 90 days on $1500 and it's not the first time.

Next time it's cash up front or no play.

-Another Engineer

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Soon Only Not Yet said...

I was going to demand cash up front as of this year. I was suckered into thinking things had changed with the BMG merger.

I won't get fooled again!

"Don't piss on my back and tell me it's the morning dew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home